100 Candidates are admitted to B.Ed. course on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination through centralized admission to be conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Educational qualifications for admission are as per NCTE/Panjab University, Chandigarh admission policy. (See Website http:/bedadmissions.puchd.ac.in for admissions).
Rules and Regulation/Guidelines (B.Ed.) :
(i) Admission to B.Ed. shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination i.e. graduation, or any other selection process as per policy of State Government/U.T. Administration and Panjab University.
(ii) Eligibility : A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course :
(a) Candidates with at least Fifty Percent Marks either in Bachelor's degree or in the Master's degree in Science/Social Sciences/Humanities/ Home Science/B.B.A./B.C.A. or Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks OR any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program.
(b) The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the central/state government whichever is applicable.
(i) In the case of students belonging to Scheduled Castes/Tribes and Backward classes, excluding economically backward class, the requirement of 50% marks shall be reduced by 5 per cent provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations.
(ii) Vide letter No. 3500-3599/001/05, dated 01/07/2016—The members of physically handicapped including blind and hearing impaired shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks for admission to the courses in which a certain percentage of minimum marks has been prescribed provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations.
Essentials for Admission to the College :
(a) The candidate is required to fill in the Admission Form in his/her own handwriting.
(b) Every student seeking admission to the B.Ed./M.Ed. Course shall be required to attach the following documents with the application form and No documents will be entertained after the submission of the form. Self Attested copies of Certificates should be attached with admission form and original certificates will have to be produced at the time of interview/ admission.
1. Certificate of good character from the Principal of the institute in which the candidate studied last or from the Head of the institute in which he/she worked last.
2. Self attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate.
3. U.T. Pool certificate (Proof of having studied in Chandigarh at least for two years).
4. Self attested copies of degree (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ and any other) along with detail marks certificates.
5. Printout of letter of allotment of the college issued by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
6. Certificate for special claim. Candidates seeking admission on the basis of special claim such as being daughter of army personnel, distinction in sports at the university, shall produce a certificate from the competent authority as specified in the application form supporting the claim. Provisional admission is not permissible. Incomplete form will be rejected without any obligation whatsoever.