50 candidates are admitted on the basis of their merit in B.Ed.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR ADMISSION
The duration of the course for the degree of Master of Education (M.Ed. General) shall be of two academic years (Four Semesters). Fifty (50) candidates are admitted to the M.Ed. course on the basis of the merit obtained in B.Ed. to be conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh, considering the criteria prescribed by the University.
a. Eligibility :
A person who possesses any of the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course
(a) A degree in Bachelor of Education/equivalent degree of this university with 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/BC candidates) or from any other University/ Institution recognized by AIU. OR
(b) B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc., B.Ed., (50%) OR
(c) B.EI.Ed. (50%) OR
(d) D.EI. Ed with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each).
(e) Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government whichever is applicable.
(f) Any other qualifications recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent to (a).
b. Essentials for Admission to the College :
(a) The candidate is required to fill in the Admission Form in his/her own handwriting.
(b) Every student seeking admission to the B.Ed./M.Ed. Course shall be required to attach the following documents with the application form and No documents will be entertained after the submission of the form. Self Attested copies of Certificates should be attached with admission form and original certificates will have to be produced at the time of interview/ admission.
1. Certificate of good character from the Principal of the institute in which the candidate studied last or from the Head of the institute in which he/she worked last.
2. Self attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate.
3. U.T. Pool certificate (Proof of having studied in Chandigarh atleast for two years).
4. Self attested copies of degree (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ and any other) along with detail marks certificates.
5. Printout of letter of allotment of the college issued by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
6. Certificate for special claim. Candidates seeking admission on the basis of special claim such as being daughter of army personnel, distinction in sports at the university, shall produce a certificate from the competent authority as specified in the application form supporting the claim. Provisional admission is not permissible. Incomplete form will be rejected without any obligation whatsoever.
NOTE FOR ADMITTED CANDIDATES
Admitted candidates are required to complete successful study of 20 compulsory papers, 5 optional papers, one compulsory dissertation and compulsory field Internship (four weeks) to fulfill the criteria of NOTE for award of degree of M.Ed. (General). Dissertation and Field Internship will be evaluated at the end of Semester IV. The student has to obtain a minimum of 80 credits towards fulfillment of course completion criteria. Further
1. A student is required to have a minimum of 80% attendance for theory courses and practicum in each semester to be eligible to appear in examination and 90% for field internship/attachment.
2. A student earns credits in each paper if he/she obtains the minimum 40% pass marks in each course.
3. Each course of 4 credits will have teaching sessions of four hours (including Lectures, Tutorials, Practicals, Sessional work) per week.
4. Students shall be permitted to complete the programme requirements of the two-years programme within a maximum period of three years from the date of admission of a candidate to the programme.
5. There will be provision of reappear examination maximum in two papers in a semester. Candidate will be given maximum of two chances to clear each of the paper/s in which he/she has failed. Reappear candidates will be allowed to appear as per Panjab University Norms/Calendar.
6. Synopsis of dissertation will be submitted in semester II in the month of March, 2017 and last date for submission of Dissertation will be 30th November, 2017 i.e., in Semester III.
(i) Admissions will be done as per Reservation Policy of Chandigarh Administration mentioned in this Hand Book.
(ii) Selected candidates will have to produce Medical Fitness Certificate (Performa attached) from the MBBS doctor within a week in the college dispensary and are required to deposit the fee within 72 hours failing which their admission will stand cancelled and the seat(s) will be offered to the next candidates in order of merit.